Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tales of terror

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    I don't take pppay, might have another look about signing up for it - just for you

are you the one that has the things that you put on fright

on pppay l have none of my bank info but l have money in there
    l have stoped paypall not all listing sorted yet

one lady payed by paypall l told her l dont have an accout she payed by pppay
    take a walk on the wild side
    born to be wild

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...pig-new-store1

See my other shop for good used clothes.

stomps away to the kitchen to look for alcohol pmsl

or for psp,singnature tags, psp tutorials take a look at
    http://sweetsignatures.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    You bet nutty and I'm thankful for that. Every day above ground is a bonus. One day I might just get around to writing about some of my experiences working in the oil&gas fields in northern BC, Canada. I've also lost some co-workers who are not here to tell the stories. People never think about some of this stuff when they walk over and turn up the thermostat of their heater. It's not only in wars that people loose their lives. Even in everyday things we all take for granted.
    A lot of outdoor occupations are dangerous. Oil field workers, farmers, lumberjacks, truckers, miners, even construction workers all have a high rate of fatal accidents. Human bodies are no match for the machines they work with, and it just takes one tiny mistake or plain bad luck. You're right, people don't realize or appreciate it.

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

canuckbid I could write a book about what I get up to, & they will probally make it into a TV series be better than Corrie & Eastbenders thats for sure.

Alot of us could probally write a book on past experiences. That "tobogan ride" happened in the dark as well. It was very early in the morning. Had another person with me who was supposed to know the road and give me directions. Well I found out they didn't know the road and I'll never rely on other people again for directions. Even had my tire chains on but we went the wrong way at a Y and hit a sharp steep hill that took us over the bank. The KW just about stopped but the nose dropped over the bank and with the lowbed behind it was enough to send us over. When I seen the headlights shine down over the bank I knew we were in for a ride from H*ll. It seemed like a dream at the time it was happening. The first mogel we hit blew the hood and front axle right off and then we flew around like rag dolls in the cab before we finally stopped at the bottom. By some miracle it never started rolling or I would not be here to tell the tale. It was a life changing experience for me that one. Still worked in the industry for awhle afterwards but things were never the same.

The pic hardly gives justice to how steep it really is. You can not see the final resting place. It's a little bit left way down at the bottom. (shudders)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by canuckbid; 26th July 2009 at 09:21 PM.

Hello everyone. Do you ever wish you were a good writer? I've had alot of great experiences and also some not so great. Here is one after I went over a river bank and went a quarter of a mile to the bottom. Needless to say that truck I owned was totalled. The pic is not very good as it was about 30 below and the camara was failing. That's me laying on the ground beside it seeing how much stuff we had to tie up. We pulled it out with a couple of bull dozers. Scanning and saving a bunch of pictues of that fateful day right now. Still here to tell the tale! One of my "Drama in real life" moments.
    Wish I could write better. I could probally fill a good sized book!

Mike - what a dreadful thing to happen - you're lucky that you're ok and around to tell the tale. I hope all is well with you too - haven't spoken much with you since you heard not good news about your sister. I do hope things are ok and have settled down a bit. If you need to rant / or talk to someone - my pm box is always open to you. As the saying goes 'knock yourself out'.

Re what you mentioned that working on the rigs is dangerous - I have no experience of that - but from what I've seen of the oil rigs, I can quite well believe it. Its something that most people don't realise - accidents do happen in a lot of places.

I grew up on a farm and in the first 6 years, Dad had one of our bulls gore him with his horns (Dad was against de-horning - and still was even after the accident). He had a tractor turn over on top of him - it was by his quick thinking he survived. I nearly got sent through the baler (square bales were the in thing at the time) cos I was hiding in the rows of hay - I think if I remember Dad telling the tale, I was about 3 or 4 at the time. After that, he tied me to the dog so if the dog was close by, then so was I. There are more, but I don't want to kidnap your thread.

Re the writing - it may be an idea to put it in writing - even if the only end result is something that raises awareness. You could do it as a fundraiser for perhaps a charity that supports family members in oil rig accidents - if there is such a thing.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Thanks babsnRay. Things like this make you appreciate ever day you are given. I got lucky. Lots of others do not. Sister inlaw is in very serious condition. It's only that she's so young that they are even going to attempt treatment on her. That's all I can say about it right now.

Thanks babsnRay. Things like this make you appreciate ever day you are given. I got lucky. Lots of others do not. Sister inlaw is in very serious condition. It's only that she's so young that they are even going to attempt treatment on her. That's all I can say about it right now.

Thats fair enough. I do understand. I hope they are able to do something. I'll keep you all in my prayers. But, please remember, the offer is always there for you.

As you say it is life changing events that make us put things into perspective and our priorities in order. One of the reasons why I have a materialistic view on life and haven't got time for soaps, programmes like BB, or I'm a Celebrity etc, or even what the so called celebrities are doing. There are more serious issues going on with people we both know from different places which need or want our time.

On that note Mike - I'll close the subject and wish you well.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just wandered in after my night's rest and had another look at the pictures - and I shuddered too. Well, I am glad you are still around and writing about it sounds like a good idea. Even if it stays within the family. A generation or two on will find it fascinating, as undoubtedly things will have changed

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladynuttiepig View Post
    are you the one that has the things that you put on fright

on pppay l have none of my bank info but l have money in there
    l have stoped paypall not all listing sorted yet

one lady payed by paypall l told her l dont have an accout she payed by pppay
    Nutty, should you desire to purchase something from me I have (I hope) added pppay. It could be a test case to see if and how it works

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Nutty, should you desire to purchase something from me I have (I hope) added pppay. It could be a test case to see if and how it works
    will have have a look later as going to look at the beach now
    take a walk on the wild side
    born to be wild

http://uk.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...pig-new-store1

See my other shop for good used clothes.

stomps away to the kitchen to look for alcohol pmsl

or for psp,singnature tags, psp tutorials take a look at
    http://sweetsignatures.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Thread Information