Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Multi purpose craft supplies category needed desparetly!!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About tbklover
    View tbklover's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Multi purpose craft supplies category needed desparetly!!!

For those of us who sell supplies that fit into many categories of crafts; we need a multi purpose category so that people know where to look for them.

We are a distributor for Kemper since we got fed up with not finding them locally. They are used for miniatures; beads, ceramics, etc so where do we fit them in if we can find a place which right now we stuck them in jewellry making - other but they are not really just for that one.

While you are at it; we also need a dollhouse miniature category for those of us who sell kits; supplies; etc for those of us who make miniatures. Please put this in the crafts too.

Forum Newbie
    All-About tbklover
    View tbklover's Listings
    Forum Posts

you can do it as crafts and sewing - multi purpose supplies then can do glues; tools and the other to further subdivide it

also crafts and sewing - dollhouse miniatures and further subdivide to kits, supplies, other, books, magazines and instructions.
    Last edited by tbklover; 23rd September 2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: corrections

Seconded!

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

There is a doll house miniatures under Dolls/toys, are you saying it needs a kit category as a sub category? I would agree with that.

But, instead of moving it to crafts category, I would be in favor of creating an additional doll house miniatures category in crafts. That way these items are in two logical places for searching, and allows listers option of adding an additional category to their listings too. With unusual items it is always good to double list them, makes them easier to find and gives them wider exposure.

I don't object to additional sub cats for items used in various crafts but I think that is going to be hard to determine and then also hard to direct buyers to those items. Some are special only to one craft (i.e. jeweler's glue), and others are used by many crafters (i.e. various sized beads). I am not sure it is useful to list certain beads and trim in doll house only. I sell lots of trim to crafts for miniatures, and just list it in vintage handkerchiefs or whatever. They find what they need there. I suppose if there was a doll house miniature trim sub cat, I could use that an a 2nd category if I was sure my hankie was a candidate for use in crafts? How were you thinking of doing it?

Forum Newbie
    All-About tbklover
    View tbklover's Listings
    Forum Posts

1. Yes kits belong in their own category. Supplies for dollhouses are just that. Those of us in the trade know we can use beads for various things so not trying to take anything away from the bead category. Same thing with trim.

The category in dolls and toys are intended for people to buy things ready made. This is for the DIY. This is a huge industry in the UK and in USA and probably other places as well.

So we are asking for one category for dollhouse miniatures in crafts. If you wanted to list the trim in supplies; you could do that in other unless you think there is enough of a category for its own sub category?

2. This is just intended for those things like glue; tools; that many people can use in various crafts. Right now our option is accessories where you can find tools; handbags; and a wide variety in between. This doesnt make any sense. Accessories to us are handbags; or clothing items even though its in a craft category; most crafters are not going to understand whats in here.
    Last edited by tbklover; 23rd September 2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: corrections

Forum Newbie
    All-About tbklover
    View tbklover's Listings
    Forum Posts

Delta; in case this wasnt clear. The one in dolls and toys stays put and we have a second category in crafts for the DIY people for dollhouse miniatures.

Forum Lurker
    Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    View bubblegumgirl's Feedback (+11)
    All-About bubblegumgirl
    View bubblegumgirl's Listings
    Forum Posts

A multi purpose craft supplies category for stores would be great

All sorts of everything from scuba fins to florists display and books galore
    for craft supplies and kits
    Unique gifts handmade by me

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tbklover View Post
    Delta; in case this wasnt clear. The one in dolls and toys stays put and we have a second category in crafts for the DIY people for dollhouse miniatures.
    That sounds good. I like option of 2 categories. That way a newbie is more likely to find it, not look in one place and then leave thinking we don't have it.

I agree about accessories. Maybe that is something we can look at later in the whole craft section.. i.e. in knitting there are two accessories sub categories! One seems to have finished mittens,etc in it, the other has needle protectors, counters, etc.

Forum Newbie
    All-About tbklover
    View tbklover's Listings
    Forum Posts

Delta; if you noticed; we have already proposed revamping some of these because it made no sense to us. Been crafting in many areas most of our life so we think like a crafter.

If you wanted to take a look at what we are proposing and comment on it; that would be great and please send your friends!

Thread Information