Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: What book are you reading at the moment

Recently discovered Richard Laymon again. I'd read a few of his back in the '80's, and didn't realize it. Love his stuff!! It reminds me of William W Johnstone, just without a heavy military and anti-US government theme. Also reading Edward Lee and Clive Barker.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am between books. Finished Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs yesterday. Always enjoy her stuff, and this one was fun too, but it was a bit irritating that I spotted the big break-through forensic fact instantly, and the expert was made to wait until the final chapter before she worked it out. I can't help but suspect that if I got it in a few pages, the Doc would have been a tad quicker about it. I'll put it up for YDC and somebody else can see if they get it too.

Not sure what's next. Hmmm... got a book of Heinlein short stories... yup, that'll do. Splendid.

Forum Newbie
    View GameHQ's Feedback (+937)
    All-About GameHQ
    View GameHQ's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just started reading "End the Fed" by Ron Paul. It is pretty interesting and easy to follow even for an economics novice like me.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

nothing too taxing, just finished Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber and am now onto another Lesley Pearse book..loads to read dont know where to start sometimes !

View Scrybe's Feedback (+2)
    All-About Scrybe
    View Scrybe's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What book are you reading at the moment

I am reading: Adventures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman. I have other books on the subject of OBE, but this is my favorite.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scrybe View Post
    I am reading: Adventures Beyond the Body by William Buhlman. I have other books on the subject of OBE, but this is my favorite.
    must look for those..sounds interesting

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm reading a very good addition to my books collection, at the moment. Sara Paretsky, Fire Sale - A VI Warshawski novel... as it says on the front! Bought for a £1 from a charity shop, hardback in reasonable nick... oh, sorry, went into a bit of bookseller mode for a minute, and I'm not even selling this.

I like the VI books, they're fast paced and she's a likeable character. I hadn't read any for ages, so it was nice to pick up a new one this week. Cracking along! For anybody who isn't familiar with Paretsky's books - she writes about a female private investigator living in Chicago. I had fun last night firing up Google Earth and finding the area where the action was happening.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am actually not reading a book at the moment. But got through a few while on holiday including The Silver Pigs by Lindsey Davies. The first in the series. I struggled with that for quite some time, but once I got going, I enjoyed it

I read 2 more Agatha Raisin's in 3 days, no 3, Agatha Raisin & the Potted Gardener, followed by no 9 Agatha Raisin & the Witch of Wyckhadden.

Then went on to the Trudi Canavan Age of the Five Trilogy, Priestess of the White, Last of the Wilds & Voice of the Gods, I really enjoyed those, although I'd sussed one of the revelations near the end of the series, part way through book two.

Now I'm halfway through The Gathering Storm, book 12 of Robert Jordan's epic Wheel of Time Series, so far I really love it IMO Brandon Sanderson, with help from Team Jordan, has done a fantastic job.
    Yes there are subtle differences, but, the story, the characters, are still Robert Jordan's own, I think he would approve.
    I can't wait to finish it, yet I don't want to because I know the next one, Towers of Midnight, won't be published until Autumn this year, with the final one, A Memory of Light, Autumn 2011. As you can probably guess it's a keeper, (the Canavan's are too)
    Last edited by Gothicina; 27th February 2010 at 05:27 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking

Halfway through "Across The Blood Red Skies" by Robert Radcliffe and "Priestly's Wars" by Neil Hansen.
    Got Elly Griffiths's "The Janus Stone" and "Captain Of Rome" by John Stack at the top of the TBR pile next.
    Trying to find the time to re-read the Spencer series by Robert B Parker and Patrick O'Brians Aubrey/Maturin series.
    So many books, so little time!

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Gyronny-Books

Thread Information