eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pay Pal Masters of Ebay and fees uncalled for

View poppyrowan's Feedback (+127)
    All-About poppyrowan
    View poppyrowan's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bitsofstuff View Post
    Are they not gold??? And then this is the very reason why Paypal are holding onto people's funds. If thet aren't gold then what are they??
    I would have hoped they were!! I was just registering surprise and some horror at the thought that they might not be after reading a previous post. I do not know enough about gold to make an informed decision. I would believe what I read in the listing, but probably wouldn't buy (assuming I had the money) because the items seem too cheap (if that makes sense)

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have to watch out with these bars,some were copied and some are layered meaning silver plated,the true gold ones sell for a heck of a lot more than the price here and the copies for a bit less 15-25$ for copies and original unlayered go from anywhere 250$ and up so I would ask the seller questions to these regards before making the purchase,is it layered(plated)is it a reprint or copy
    It does not state as to it being anything but a gold bar in the description so it could be that the seller being new was hoping for a bidding war

The gold maple leaf is the canadian bouillon coin produced by the royal can mint it is in fact one of the purest gold coins of regular issue in the world

If you ask some questions and are comfortable with the answers and are a buyer of this stuff than I would keep an eye on it,just do a little research on them to see what they go for and what to watch out for. seller should be able to provide easy answers for any questions re the item,

Forum Newbie
    View daveincaol's Feedback (+2)
    All-About daveincaol
    View daveincaol's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation I wouldn't mind....

if paypal replied to my enquiry. An Ebay buyer with a 700+ 100% record has paid via paypal. My paypal account doesn't reflect this. Ebay say contact paypal. Paypal doesn't respond. I'm going to honour the sale and post ASAP.

While I'm here: I have several 'views' and no buys for all my current Ebid items. Are the viewers likely to be from the UK or from areas I don't ship to?

Finally 1 Ebid item sold but again there is no record of payment in Paypal.

What do I do? How long should I wait before reporting non payment?

Dave

View terry5732's Feedback (+1376)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bitsofstuff View Post
    And that is canadian gold maple which, i have never really seen before and so may be an excellent price and quality compared to gold we have in the UK :-)
    It is not Canadian

It has a maple leaf

It is made in China

Because this is erroniously marked, it would be illegal in the UK

The UK has standards for gold and silver
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Forum Newbie
    All-About panwashers3xll
    View panwashers3xll's Listings
    Forum Posts

ebay has owned PP for SOME time (see links below - took .013 seconds to find) - so EB fees (ultimately) total abt. 13-14% + monthly fees. Sooo kiddies, the moral of the story is: if it works for you, its cool - but keep an open mind toward those who've been ground up by "IT".
    BTW - its even on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rela...-billion.html; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2116274.stm; [for UKers] lol; http://archives.cnn.com/2002/BUSINES...pal/index.html

Forum Newbie
    All-About panwashers3xll
    View panwashers3xll's Listings
    Forum Posts

ALSO BTW (or BTWX2?) dig this site.

Quote Originally Posted by daveincaol View Post
    if paypal replied to my enquiry. An Ebay buyer with a 700+ 100% record has paid via paypal. My paypal account doesn't reflect this. Ebay say contact paypal. Paypal doesn't respond. I'm going to honour the sale and post ASAP.

While I'm here: I have several 'views' and no buys for all my current Ebid items. Are the viewers likely to be from the UK or from areas I don't ship to?

Finally 1 Ebid item sold but again there is no record of payment in Paypal.

What do I do? How long should I wait before reporting non payment?

Dave
    Hi Dave!

Hold everything! No pay no ship. Sorry, but if I see no payment in my paypal account it ain't paid in my book. I do not ship.

If a buyer does not use the link he/she is sent, and uses your email name to send it might be floating somewhere in cyberspace if they got the email address wrong. But if it is not in your Paypal, it is not paid. Ask buyer to look for payment on his/her side, look for a problem, contact PP whatever, but you can't do anything unless the payment shows up.

ebid has no set time limit for buyers to pay. I wait at least a week (EXCLUDING weekends) before I send a reminder and at least a few weeks before I report non payment. Especially around holidays. Sometimes people need to wait until payday. Sometimes they are sending a money order or check. They should communicate something to you and you should try like the dickens to get hold of them before giving them up as non payers.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just a little side whine here.

I transferred money from my bank account into my PayPal account June 1. On that date, PP acknowledged getting it but as usual told me it would be 3-5 business days before the money would be available to me. June 1 was Tuesday. Now it's Monday, June 7 and the money still isn't available. I know that isn't quite 5 BUSINESS DAYS but from June 1, PP told me the expected clearing date would be June 7. It's 5:09 pm here so it's 3:09 pm in California where I think PP headquarters is. I think they are milking the float on my money for all it's worth. Rather annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by panwashers3xll View Post
    ebay has owned PP for SOME time (see links below - took .013 seconds to find) - so EB fees (ultimately) total abt. 13-14% + monthly fees. Sooo kiddies, the moral of the story is: if it works for you, its cool - but keep an open mind toward those who've been ground up by "IT".
    BTW - its even on wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EBay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rela...-billion.html; http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/2116274.stm; [for UKers] lol; http://archives.cnn.com/2002/BUSINES...pal/index.html
    Of course. Since almost 100% of our customers prefer PP, we use it despite it being owned by a company that is not always very smart.

Interesting partnership: Last month feebay sales were at 6 year low, lost 20%. PP is the only reason that did not post a huge loss. PP is keeping them afloat.

Thread Information