eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help please again?!

Abertillery, Blaenau Gwent, United Kingdom
    View jane6905's Feedback (+195)
    All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

righty ho... so if i have a bin price as well as a auction price... is that what i need?... got the 10listing for 7 day thingy going on at the moment with all (i hope)....?

janey

All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lizzy i did a buy2 get one free throughout the whole of may, not even a sniff! lol

Can I bulk edit that in? and will the invoice at the end allow me to edit the price? i know that ebay don't allow for it...?

Janey

View prescott9376's Feedback (+1371)
    All-About prescott9376
    View prescott9376's Listings
    Forum Posts

BIN doesnt put your listings down to the bottom, Run until sold Does, Also Bin Gets you Google Exposure which is where a lot of my custom comes from.
    Paul

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jane6905 View Post
    i have been told that on several times on this very forum... now let me see, bykimbo being one... erm finding it hard to remember names atm, though i have asked for help before....
    I think you are mistaking BIN for RUS (Run Until Sold) which stay at the back of searches
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

I put my Starting Price and Reserve Price at the same amount - and the Buy Now price slightly higher...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

I had a look at a few of your items and it seems that there is no consistency in the layout of your item descriptions, ( which is possibly because you have been trying out lots of things).
    This could be improved by using a template, there are several for sale on Ebid quite cheaply if you are not confident of doing one yourself.

There also seems to be an unusual gap between your opening bid price and your buy it now price on some items.
    For example, one item has a bid price of £4.49 and a buy it now price of £8.99, these two prices should be much closer together.
    If you are prepared to accept £4.49 for the item, why would you expect me to pay £8.99.
    If the item is worth about £9, you are virtually giving it away for £4.49, and although this might seem like a way to tempt new customers in, the reality is often someone will snatch up a bargain, but never return to buy anything else.
    If the item is worth about £5, then I would suggest a bid price of £4.49 and BIN of £4.99, if the item is either worth about £9, then I would suggest a bid price of £8.49 and BIN of £8.99.

A few of the descriptions are not helping you, for example:

I found one that stated you would accept Paypal at a push, the majority of buyers like to use paypal, and that might put some people off.

One of your jewellery items stated that there was little chance of an allergic reaction, I would probably leave that statement out all together, reading that would make me think that any of your items might possibly cause an allergic reaction.

Several items mention a special offer that will end on the 31st May, that tells me you haven't looked at your stock for at least a couple of weeks, (even if you have), which could put some people off.

I hope that helps!

For DVDs at great prices!

Fountain DVD - For DVDs
    Fountain Bazaar - For everything else

There are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't !

All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes my tablets are working double time on sending me scatty! sorry for the confuddle caused...

can i keep them as they are or should i do the bin on its own?...

janey

All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have tried to get that offer off! arrggg! lol will have to go through again....

The listing templates? hmmnnn What things do you the consumer look for. I know I am probably one of the bargain hunters that will buy and run!

do you think it worth while to set up a webpage and then link to there?... other half is the computer wizz, I'am just the typist!

Will remove the allergic thingy... all noted there...

the bin price i did that recently, in a hope that people would see the bid price and think.. bargain! lol noted again!

paypal, yes got that too... i don't like them but as you say buyers do, do any of you add the 'fee' to your item price or is that too much? I add little to postage as i don't like to fleece for all i can get...?

what more.. may as well have it all lol

janeyx

All-About jane6905
    View jane6905's Listings
    Forum Posts

just had a thought... can't i import these listings to ninja and somehow make my life really simple by bulk editing on there?... PLEASE?

Thread Information