eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've you've got Pets - It shouldn't happen at a Vets.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    What a terrier cutie!! My kind of pup. Poor little thing, and what a scare for everyone. Did you ever find what it was?

The pet insurance has not hit US widely, there are only a few of them, and I don't know anyone that has it. Might be something to look into as the prices are really high even for the routine services.

In US no one can provide vet service but vets either but I suspect that some vets do graduate on the bottom of their classes and are the ones working at these large corporate pet places. There were a few cases of animals getting routine vacinations, and becoming ill, either shots were not given correctly or meds were outdated or incorrect or whatever. So still best to select sensible vets who can solve problems, especially when our animals get older and need a bit more care.

I live near a school and we have the same problem with people dumping trash, half eaten food on ground for the dogs to get at. I am not so concerned if I see a McD's bag and wrappers but the KFC chicken ones are not good news for the pups, hard to see that on the grass before the dogs do.

Give that little sweetie a hug for all of us!
    My last dog wasn't insured, nor any of those before him, the cat isn't either, & she is now too old for any company to be willing to insure her.

I'm so glad my current two dogs are.

Pet insurance is widely available in the UK, even Banks & Supermarkets offer it.
    You have to be very careful when choosing a policy, because they don't always offer like for like, they also will not cover an existing problem, so once you've signed up with a company you're pretty much stuck with it for the life of your pet.

It's virtually a necessity these days with the costs of treatment rising so much, then you get into the position of are the Vets charging more, because the insurance is paying?

My Vet is of the school of thought that charging more because the insurance is paying is counter productive because it only pushes premiums higher, meaning less people can afford to take it out.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

It's a shame about the muzzle, because people will assume it's because she is vicious. I know the majority of dogs that do wear them only do so to stop them eating things they shouldn't.

I know what you mean, she always gets loads of petting from other people when we are out but have noticed a difference since the muzzle, sad really cos' she's such a friendly little thing and loves people.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    What a terrier cutie!! My kind of pup. Poor little thing, and what a scare for everyone. Did you ever find what it was?

I live near a school and we have the same problem with people dumping trash, half eaten food on ground for the dogs to get at. I am not so concerned if I see a McD's bag and wrappers but the KFC chicken ones are not good news for the pups, hard to see that on the grass before the dogs do.

Give that little sweetie a hug for all of us!
    We never did find out what it was cos' the vet couldn't see it to remove it, there was so much white froth coming from her mouth and down her nose, she was also in danger of drowning as well as choking, instead in a last desperate attempt he had to push it down into her stomach and thankfully that worked.
    We have the McD and KFC near us too and the trash left behind is horrendous.
    One big hug given to her from you, she said thank you.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

I've just watched the clip, from the programme on
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/fr...00/8842399.stm
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information