Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Editing an Auction after a bid - preview - go to edit again & info is lost

Default Editing an Auction after a bid - preview - go to edit again & info is lost

I wanted to add some info after my YDC Auction already had a bid on it.

I put in the new info, using the plain HTML box as usual, & previewed it, then decided I wanted to change the extra info slightly, so instead of saving the changes chose edit instead, & got a blank box, the previously added information had been wiped out.

I had expected it to work the same as when you originally list, preview & edit.
    Auction ID 30213182

I've now redone my extra info.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I think once you get the bid, you can not alter anything in the description box (and maybe not much of anything else except maybe add a picture or whatever), so you get a blank space to write a note or an additional message that gets added to the description. Is that what you saw maybe?

I guess they figure that if you know you have a bid and need to communicate something else to the buyer, you can send an email?

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I think once you get the bid, you can not alter anything in the description box (and maybe not much of anything else except maybe add a picture or whatever), so you get a blank space to write a note or an additional message that gets added to the description. Is that what you saw maybe?

I guess they figure that if you know you have a bid and need to communicate something else to the buyer, you can send an email?
    I know I'll be able to email the buyer once the item has been won.

If you'd read my post you would see that I wanted to add information, I knew I couldn't change the listing, I knew it would be at the bottom in the added by seller section, that what I expected, that's where I wanted it to go.
    What I'm saying is if you try & edit the added info, before you submit it, because you notice a problem, the added info is lost.
    This is not the way the rest of the site works.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

That lost info.... on another thing here, always happens to me, what I typed absolutely vanishes poof.
    I can't remember what it is but its annoying.
    Next time.. I will post it in forum.

Thread Information