Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Latest Scam. They are getting a little more creative!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Latest Scam. They are getting a little more creative!

I have only seen this one once before and it was through a Private Message on Facebook. Now they are preying on peoples sympathy instead of greed. These appear easy to catch if you want to get the authorities involved which I would highly recommend. Just need to play along and find out how and where they want money sent and the authorities will take care of it from there,

How are you doing? This has had to come in a hurry and it has left us in a devastating state. My family and I had a visit to (UK) unannounced some days back for a short vacation, unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash, cell phones and credit cards were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves tomorrow but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills. Please I really need your financial assistance..Please, Let me know if you can help us out?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Paul

This wasn't real difficult to figure out it was a scam as who the scammers pretended to be is a Material supplier I use all the time and when this email came through I just happened to be on a jobsite with him. We both had a pretty good laugh when I showed it to him. Paul has already contacted the authorities and has gotten the ball rolling to catch the scammer. If the scammer is US based though they will probably get off because being caught this way could be considered entrapment.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Latest Scam. They are getting a little more creative!

Wow, now that is really pathetic. Sad, too, as there are those who really need help and someone burned by a scammer in this way would be less likely to assist those who really are in need.

I prefer to limit my charity giving (when I can afford to be charitable) to known causes and YDC of course.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I got this the other day .....

Hello, I am looking for an honest person who can use the funds of my family for charity purpose as I cannot do this due to my deteriorating health.
    If you are honest and interested, please contact me via this email below for more details:
    (email address deleted)

I wonder what this was about?
    Obviously I didn't respond.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

The scams are getting too numerous and these idiots really need to be dealt with. They do have a way to initially hide their IP address and it takes authorities countless hours to track them but every computer/device has an IP address.
    We all knew as the computer age grew it would in fact take quite a few jobs away but I'm afraid it has done just the opposite. There are more security and technical jobs available nowadays then ever before problem is the jobs haven't been created yet but are definately needed.

Every scammer in the long run is after money or merchandise and that scammer must come out in the open at some point to collect.
    The scam I had posted here is easy to catch the scammer even though when someone follows through with payment whoever collects the funds from Western Union or wherever the instructions will say to send the money will not be the actual scammer but rather a hired agent or guppy. But authorities will in fact follow it through and track the scammer through this agent.
    Same with the "I'll send you millions if you just send me half back" schemes. Authorities will play along and send the $$$ and will be waiting for the pick up.
    The "I will authorize release of Pay Pal funds once I receive tracking number" I so badly want to send a package with one of those loud horns hooked up to go off when the package is open scaring the daylights out of whoever opens it with a note stating "be careful, next time you could get hurt."

My Dad still lives alone and is now 87 years old. I'm scared everday that the next knock on his door will end him in financial ruin due to some scam.

Thread Information