Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Feedback's from buyer prior to payment / will cause account Suspention?

Forum Lurker
    View RiverHill's Feedback (+282)
    All-About RiverHill
    View RiverHill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Feedback's from buyer prior to payment / will cause account Suspention?

Just had a sale of 16 similar items from an experienced buyer “##### (0)”, auction style, prior to end of auction I informed buyer I would give discount for postage only. (free shipping!). Invoiced seller, seller replied he would leave negative feedback if I did not combine more . I said no to his request, and then he wanted to cancel the order, I said it is a little late to cancel, I would invoice him 2 times, and if he did not pay, would treat as a non-paying bidder. He replied ‘fine‘.
    Have not received payment, and or any advice from buyer. Buyer left 16 negative feedback's on my account, which suspended my account, I could not log in!
    Support has taken away 14 of the 16 negative feedback's (?), now I can get back into my account. e-Bid support was informed that buyer is sending a check.

Question? Can a non-paying bidder leave feedback? How many negative feedback's does it take to suspend a members account? Why would anyone leave negative feedback for items prior to payment / or receiving items?
    Can I refuse payment and sale even if alleged payment is received. (I feel I will get negative feedback for each item, for some reason). If I cancel order, can buyer leave feedback?
    It would be interesting as to what the comments on the negative feedback were, since they have been deleted, the two that are left, are meaningless. Again, feedback was left prior to any resolve., or payment.
    How to handle my next move as a seller? I do not think buyer should dictate price after a sale, and use feedback as leverage prior to payment.

Default Re: Feedback's from buyer prior to payment / will cause account Suspention?

I think you should get back in contact with eBid Support and tell them that after his behaviour you don't want to deal with this guy. Let them see copies of any emails etc and see what their advice is and where you would stand regarding the feedback.

Then blackball him as fast as your mouse can click.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback's from buyer prior to payment / will cause account Suspention?

you could have just cancelled the sale
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Lurker
    All-About RiverHill
    Forum Posts

JUST NOTED THAT THE SUSPENSION CAUSED BY THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK CLOSED ALL MY LISTINGS, I have contacted support and waiting for a reply!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverHill View Post
    I have contacted support and waiting for a reply!
    Bear in mind that eBid Support are UK based and it is now 1:30 AM here, so a reply may take a while.

Contact support. If you sold through PayPal..start a claim on the buyer with them. Do what you need to do to take care of this situation. eBid is a good selling platform, but they leave it up to us to handle these buyers.
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 3rd September 2013 at 01:07 AM.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    Contact support. If you sold through PayPal..start a claim on the buyer with them. Do what you need to do to take care of this situation. eBid is a good selling platform, but they leave it up to us to handle these buyers.
    How do you make a claim through PayPal against a non paying BUYER
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Lurker
    All-About RiverHill
    Forum Posts

How many negative's does it take from ONE buyer (non-paying bidder) at ONE time to suspend your account, which in turn takes all your listing off line?
    If I were to cancel the auctions after they closed, is buyer still able to leave feedback for each item? And why would one cancel an auction (s), prior to any payment/ sales/ response from buyer? (wouldn't that tick off the buyer, would me)

If I were to blackball a member, does this stop all communications with buyer, or is buyer still able to reply?

Thread Information