Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebay take too much

Default Re: Ebay take too much

Also depends on the product as well as price. An item I sell on TOS, only cheap (£2.80 with free p&p to UK), but in February alone, I sold to Italy, Gran Canaria, Spain twice and Austria. The international postage they paid was nearly double the item price. I just don't understand it, can they not get this item in mainland Europe??

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryfeedback87 View Post
    Also depends on the product as well as price. An item I sell on TOS, only cheap (£2.80 with free p&p to UK), but in February alone, I sold to Italy, Gran Canaria, Spain twice and Austria. The international postage they paid was nearly double the item price. I just don't understand it, can they not get this item in mainland Europe??
    Apparently not, or maybe they're just not looking very hard or in the right places. Either way, it's good for you.

I don't know about other buyers, but this buyer buys wherever she can find what it is she seeks, mostly specific vintage jools, which I realize is a small niche market. It used to be I could find the most (and cheapest) on Feepay, but lately Etsy and Ruby Lane have given the beast some serious competition. I only wish I could add eBid to this list, hopefully soon we'll get more vintage jool sellers here, fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed...

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 4th March 2015 at 08:30 PM.

OP’s analysis assumes that an item sells first time. If it has to be listed several times before it sells, the fees will be higher if sold outside a shop. If sold within a shop, there will be the shop fees to pay as well.

There are many business sellers in the Vehicle Parts section over there who sell at a loss. Even when you assume they acquired their stock at no cost, the postage costs, the Paypal costs and the final selling fees (which include commission on the postage costs) come to more than the selling price. I do not know why do they do this. Either they cannot do the maths properly or they are treating the situation as marketing / advertising spend so that they can attract buyers to their own stand alone online presence.

Quote Originally Posted by countryfeedback87 View Post
    It can seem strange at times what people will buy. While on eBay I sold some high quality cleaning cloths, they sold well in the UK and I shipped them all over Europe, but for some reason 20-25% of the sales were to Malta.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Merking
    View Merking's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

As I said before, the secret to Selling is in the Buying.

By 'buying' do you mean acquiring stock at a very low cost? I can't accept their high fees either way.

Another thing I really dislike is the search cap. I can't remember the cap amount, but when you search for an item, you don't see anything else over said cap.

I hope Ebid are trying to make their layout as legally identical to Ebay as possible. It's much easier for buyers to adopt it that way and Ebid sellers will get more sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Merking View Post
    I hope Ebid are trying to make their layout as legally identical to Ebay as possible. It's much easier for buyers to adopt it that way and Ebid sellers will get more sales.
    I hope not!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    OP’s analysis assumes that an item sells first time. If it has to be listed several times before it sells, the fees will be higher if sold outside a shop. If sold within a shop, there will be the shop fees to pay as well.

There are many business sellers in the Vehicle Parts section over there who sell at a loss. Even when you assume they acquired their stock at no cost, the postage costs, the Paypal costs and the final selling fees (which include commission on the postage costs) come to more than the selling price. I do not know why do they do this. Either they cannot do the maths properly or they are treating the situation as marketing / advertising spend so that they can attract buyers to their own stand alone online presence.
    I never realized sellers did this (eating costs on one site to make money at another venue), thanks for pointing it out, it makes things a bit more sensible to this old Luddite.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10058)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

By 'buying' do you mean acquiring stock at a very low cost? I can't accept their high fees either way.

Another thing I really dislike is the search cap. I can't remember the cap amount, but when you search for an item, you don't see anything else over said cap.

I also hope not. That would be pointless and disastrous.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

By 'buying' do you mean acquiring stock at a very low cost?
    No, I didn't mean just that. There are loads of variables to consider when buying just as there are to selling.

Hi all, although this post is slightly off the original topic it does have some relevance. I would like to ask how many people know or think they know whether a stallholder on a market gets paid by the market for attending that market or whether they have to pay for their pitch?
    I do know the answer having been a market trader and shopkeeper for a number of years. I am just curious to know.if you are, or have been a market trader you will obviously know the answer. I will reveal why am asking in a few days time.

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

Thread Information