eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Listed dozons of items in almost 20 days, no any sold yet

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Listed dozons of items in almost 20 days, no any sold yet

Have you started to use the PYA board to increase your visibility yet?

I don't know anything about the computer parts you sell but have you searched GS for some of them and made your ad. titles similar to those that GS is showing?

Have you tried searching GS using "Ebid - 'a computer part'" to see if it's showing your items?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thanks, theElench. Thank you very much for looking at my profile. No, I didn't check GS yet, I'll do it later to find it out. Hope the situation can improve soon.

Yes, I can see some of my listed items on GS. Maybe my next job is list more items to boost their exposures.
    Last edited by MintTechUK; 31st May 2024 at 03:43 PM.

I am trying the run my items with relists as it moves you more to the front of the listing in the catagory - 10 day run time with 10 relists will make you more visible - the run until sold puts your items behind all the others

All-About theElench
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MintTechUK View Post
    Yes, I can see some of my listed items on GS. Maybe my next job is list more items to boost their exposures.
    Yes, that's a good idea. I didn't sell much at all until I had around 100 listings, then sales started to improve. At that time I was listing two new items a week so reached 200 ads. in about a year (while selling a few). The last few years I've been adding one new item a week and getting more or less regular sales, but I've never reached 300 ads. in the glass category I use.

As you can see some of your items on GS try doing what I did. View a couple of your items twice a week, I usually do this on listing day (Sunday) and when I sign-in on Wednesday (to keep my Recent Activity date fresh). My intention was to try to get GS to show more of my items. The number it shows on the first three results pages is completely erratic, as are the items but I can always find a few.

What surprised me was that after having done this for a while, (sorry, I didn't note when I started or how long it took) GS added "Ebid - theElench" to its side-bar of sites searched. I've been there since October '22 continuously and anyone ticking that box takes them to "my" GS page with so many of my items I've never counted them.

How much competition do you have in the categories you use? I ask because it appears that GS takes note of the interest in the category on Ebid and adds "Ebid" to its side-bar with the name of the ebid seller with the most listings in it.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by theElench; 1st June 2024 at 07:31 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

Made three purchases but still nothing is sold yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MintTechUK View Post
    Made three purchases but still nothing is sold yet.
    I have been away from eBid for quite some time, so things may have changed. But here is my take on it. Ebid is a bit like that store tucked down a side street away from other shops. Hence people don't see you. However if you tell people where you are they will come when they need bits you have, but your bits need to be in a niche. Once they know you are there, they they will return if your niche encourages repeat sales.

For example I have just returned here to try with BJJ rash guards. Nobody is going to come to eBid to find them. However, "IF" I can get the message out there that I am here, they will pop along and pop back for repeat business.

That's my theory and I could be wrong!!

Janners

PS it's very much work in progress at the moment!

https://stores.ebid.net/jannersbjjrashguards-
    Last edited by jannersmugs; 16th June 2024 at 08:33 AM.

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I had a couple of sales this week.

I'd sadly say I still haven't sold anything yet.

Congrats to Policequilts!

All-About theElench
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear that.

Please bear in mind that I know nothing about laptop parts so may be completely wrong about selling in your category.

I looked at the Home Page, top left corner panel "Browse xxx,xxx Items on Ebid" to get some idea of how competitive and how crowded your category is. "Laptop Replacement Parts" has eight pages of listings, mostly Run Until Sold (RUS). Your ads. are on pages 5 - 8 because RUS listings are added chronologically and you only started selling recently. Many buyers don't look much further than P1 of the results.

As you said above you need to list more items to boost visibility. I see you are a Platinum Level Seller, so have free listing and re-listing ??
    If so, perhaps try this trick to get some visibility on Page 1. (I use this all the time to stop P.1 in the Art Deco Glass search results looking stagnant). I list 1 item a week as an auction (it never sells) BUT it moves up page 1 as the clock ticks down. So although I'm a Silver Level Seller, using Platinum Listings, I always have several items moving up P.1. As a Platinum seller there are probably better ways to do it but you get the idea?

Also, I always highlight my weekly new listing by starting a new Plug Your Auction (PYA) each week. You have a shop, someone will soon be along who can tell you how to link your shop to the PYA thread.

To me in the rather more sedate vintage glass market it looks like you will have stiff competition to sell anything. As a new seller you need to get your name known and your items seen. One thing I notice is when searching for things like "laptop parts" or "acer replacement parts" several searches gave 0 results. Try searching (as I did) as someone totally ignorant about ebid and who doesn't really know what they're looking for and try to devise titles that get you shown in those gaps in the search results.

Hope this is some help.

Some sellers who try selling on ebid fail to sell anything because they think of this site as a smaller version of the larger selling sites. It isn't, it works differently, you have to find out how it works and make use the of advantages of it being smaller to your advantage.
    Last edited by theElench; 21st June 2024 at 08:58 AM.

Thread Information