Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
Well done, FroggieBear!
Yes, I'm happy enough with eBid.
I guess it all boils down to offering a diverse selection of goodies for buyers to choose from.
List anything that ain't nailed down ... lol!
All my feedback has been earned here on eBid, so sales can and DO happen!
I'm also happy enough with ebid and all my FB is from here (I've actually sold more like 150 items). When I started I listed anything and everything I wanted to get out of my flat, quite a diverse selection which over the years has slowly dwindled as buyers have found them. My main area of interest is down-sizing my collection of vintage glass. From a slow start I now sell regularly (25 items so far this year). I also list regularly, use the PYA thread every week to show-case this weeks new listing and pay careful attention to getting my ads. shown on GS.

Concentrating on my glass has paid-off, in that I've listed most of the items in the Date Lined Glass 1910 - 1939 Art Deco category. That has lead to my listings being most of that category on ebid and getting my name and ebid on the side-bar for that search on GS (and several other related searches)

It seems that GS will show only one seller on the side-bar for each site, in my case "Ebid - theElench", so if you want to get your name and Ebid shown on the Sites Searched side-bar you have to have the most listings to search.

One thing that has surprised me when looking at other sellers listings shown on GS is that although some sellers on the side-bar are from the UK with relatively small numbers of collectables in niche areas, when it comes to more everyday, new items (like soap bars), US sellers are more likely to be shown because they are willing to invest in larger numbers of listings in one category.

Although listing "anything and everything" helps the site by diversifying what's on offer, it also helps individual sellers if they have a 'significant' number of listings in one area of the search for GS to pick-up on and show.