eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The site's total listed items number is just slightly above 3 millions for many days

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The site's total listed items number is just slightly above 3 millions for many d

Everything I list is also "exempt", and my items appear on GS. I thought that 'exempt' just meant they didn't need a Bar Code and by adding it got around the requirement for one in order to be up-loaded to google?
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Default Re: The site's total listed items number is just slightly above 3 millions for many d

Notice a momentum in recent days ......

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31809)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do not believe 3million listings. If I have 50500 then that is 0.6% of the total listings?
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Having just replied to the "How are sales" thread I have to wonder if my not having any since April might be connected to the nonsense shown in "Browse on Ebid" box.

If I'd just arrived on ebid I'd be encouraged to browse -2070 items in "Glass", all three sub-cats. also show minus numbers. If I persevered and found that most of the sub-cats. are hidden in "Glassware" (also littered with minus numbers) I would be told there are 816 items in total for all the sub-cats missing from the title-page. More nonsense, as I have over 200 ads. in one "Date Lined" category, "Depression Glass" has about the same, leaving about 400 items between all the others.

A quick look at the sub-categories listed under "Glassware", just by clicking on each shows that of the 19 shown, 13 have wrong numbers against them when compared with the number of actual listings in the search returns shown at the top of the page

So, instead of the -1700 shown to the public, there are 842 ads. showing items currently on sale on ebid.

Most shocking was "Depression Glass", I used to check what was for sale, mainly in the US, and it was about the same as my Art Deco Glass category (200-250). Now reduced to 11 items -- I wonder why?
    Last edited by theElench; 4th July 2024 at 08:11 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information