Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Received no bids or purchases in 56 days

View theElench's Feedback (+96)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Received no bids or purchases in 56 days

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I've sold SO little this summer - but I never sell much in these months. I also find that actively listing seems to help sales. Each summer I promise myself that I will list tons so that, when the bidders return, they will find more... failed this year... almost nothing fresh listed.
    Note to self- September will be different. I will list!
    I agree with you, as soon as someone mentions "Wimbledon" on TV I might as well forget selling anything much until the kids go back to school. Rather than listing loads during quiet periods I've found it fits my life-style (and boredom threshold) better to list one new item every Sunday morning.

At 50 new items a year (back then I was lucky to get 4 - 5 sales a year) it didn't take long to reach 200 items listed. That seemed to be a magic number for me and I've never reached 300.

I think listing that way has helped me on GS. I don't know how it selects which of my items it shows (I think "Date Listed" must be a factor) and having something listed almost every week gives me a wide spread of dates for them to choose from, so I can always find a few of my items.

Congrats on your sales, perhaps a sign that the draught is beginning to end?
    Last edited by theElench; 22nd August 2024 at 07:31 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

View theElench's Feedback (+96)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Received no bids or purchases in 56 days

Quote Originally Posted by BordersBargains View Post
    Simple fact is other platforms are growing and being seen as viable options, The three main platforms are pushing more and more ways to generate fee's which is chasing sellers to other platforms but they are being very selective category wise on which one's to use for extra sales at lower fee costs, they do however still remain on the other platforms because the sales come in.
    The buyers need to know a platform exists to buy things which is why some are growing
    I have the impression that the site is growing, particularly in the USA. I have no confidence what-so-ever that the numbers of items for sale either UK or world-wide are accurate and in the glass category I use there has been, for a year or two, a slow but steady increase in sellers testing the water here.

I've been selling on obay even longer than I've been selling on ebid. My sales over there have been falling for years as their buyers and sellers numbers fall and they've been growing on here. I probably sell no more in total than I did when the situation was reversed and I sold 20 - 30 items a year on obay and 1 - 2 here. So how has that happened?

I don't advertise on SM or anywhere else. I don't think of ebid as a mini-obay. I list regularly. I pay attention to and try to use GS and somehow buyers DO find me.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information