Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Test Auction

View mark4740's Feedback (+3741)
    All-About mark4740
    View mark4740's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Test Auction

What are test auctions for, ebid customer support asked me to set a test auction up which i did but then what, a day went past and the test auction were automatically deleted, A few days later support have sent me an email asking if everything is working now, well i'm still not getting any notifications or emails of sales, questions or offers although i haven't sold anything since.
    i though maybe i could set a test auction up to see if i purchased it would get any notifications or emails but it says you can't purchase your own items, Just wondered what the point were asking me to set a test auction up for?

View theElench's Feedback (+96)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Test Auction

Hi,
    I would guess someone is trying to find out what is wrong with your account and why you are not getting any notifications. It looks like they are as baffled as everyone else and are / have followed one of your auctions from listing step 1, through to being live so they can (hopefully) work-out what is going wrong.

Some time ago, on the other thread where you explained the problems you were having, I suggested that you try doing a "Platinum Listing" as an experiment. PL's get some of the features of Gold/Platinum Accounts, including the Integrated Checkout which (I think) generate the email notifications that you are not getting.

Did you try this ? If so did the item sell and did the notifications arrive in your in-box? If yes, it might be worth letting Support know, it might give them some clues.

As I understand it (which is barely at all) all this works on a series of binary choices i.e Yes/No. For some reason, at some point in your sales, the program is asking "Send Notification Yes / No" and deciding "No". To change that to "Yes" Support needs to find out exactly where that happens.

Fingers crossed they get to the bottom of it.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Thread Information