eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Advertising

Forum Lurker
    View borucha's Feedback (+3097)
    All-About borucha
    View borucha's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Advertising

The number of adverts appearing seems to have mushroomed - it’s now impossible to use Ebid on a mobile as the top of the screen is dominated by adverts impacting the ability to use the drop down menu

Forum Newbie
    View Stnenopmoc's Feedback (+33)
    All-About Stnenopmoc
    View Stnenopmoc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Advertising

Look for a website called adblocker .org (the .org is important) add that to you browser and that will get rid of most pop-ups

View theElench's Feedback (+96)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't mind the adverts on the lap-top version, they do show that the advertisers think there is enough traffic here to make the space worth paying for and if Ebid is gaining some income from them perhaps will have more in the kitty to do some work on the site.

As we're talking about adverts, might I suggest fixing the "Browse x,xxx,xxx Items On Ebid" box right at the top of the Home Page and one of the first things that any browser will see.

What an advert for ebid that is ATM. Inaccurate numbers, negative numbers and my own personal beef. Why are the sub-categories for glass hidden two clicks away from the Pottery, Porcelain & Glass Category caption when the sub. cats for pottery & porcelain are visible when the category is clicked on?

It makes it look like there are only 500 glass items for sale in total on ebid (that's on a good day when there's a positive number) and that there are none at all in popular collectors' categories like mine.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

I afraid a site with adverts all over the place are an instant turn off for most people, I know its a way for them to create revenue but a good clean looking site will generate more revenue through sales, because people visit a site to peruse things for sale not to see adverts all over the place which is why the bounce rate on this site is so high
    The glass category in Porcelain, Pottery & Glass is just messed up for me The numbers are totally messed up which I doubt is good for sales

I use malwarebytes ad blocker works great as I can be selective in what sites I use it on

View theElench's Feedback (+96)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Borders Bargains.

It certainly won't help the "bounce rate", anyone browsing, especially for the first time is given the impression that there isn't much to see on the site

They click on P,P&G and find "China & Porcelain" with -(that's minus)1504 items for sale spread over innumerable sub-cats.

Next comes "Date Lined Ceramics" with 135 items spread over all dates between 1840 - 1970.

Then "Glass" with 165 items split between:
    Art Glass (61)
    Glassware (131)
    Other (-27)

I have over 200 items listed in Date Lined Glass 1919 - 1939. They are hidden from browsers who must click on "Glassware" to find the rest of the sub-cats.

Whoever designed the PP&G page did a very poor job, it's inconsistent, incomplete and numerically inaccurate. What message does it send to buyers? -- There's virtually no glass for sale on ebid and that it doesn't even have sub-categories for it.

I don't even think that the numbers for the other categories are right either
    Last edited by theElench; 11th September 2024 at 07:01 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Newbie
    View Stnenopmoc's Feedback (+33)
    All-About Stnenopmoc
    View Stnenopmoc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrogBearCreations View Post
    I use malwarebytes ad blocker works great as I can be selective in what sites I use it on

Unfortunatly Malwarebites constanly uses pop-ups to sell you more of their products

Firefox has a reasonable built-in blocker if you don't want to load a specific programe

Thread Information