Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What am I doing wrong? All constructive advice very welcome, thanks.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Gfg
    View Gfg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default What am I doing wrong? All constructive advice very welcome, thanks.

Hi, I’m Jo
    I’m relatively new to eBid, but I’m not new to online marketing. I sold successfully on the biggest eB— platform for 8 year's, 100% positive feedback that spanned those 8 years and over 1700 sales.
    I’m an individual not a business, I moved to eBid because I was having to work stupid hours in order to cover the expenses of using that “other” platform.

Just over 4 months ago I submitted several listings of different items, test items as it were, I wanted to keep it small and manageable until I became confident using a new platform , here we are over 4 months on and not 1 sale��, I’m pricing lower than the competitor site on most things and my listings are getting a fair amount of views. Does anyone have any feedback on why it might be that none of my listings are selling? And if anyone has any advice on how I can improve this lack of sales I would really appreciate it, likewise, where as I was making between 2 to 5 sales a day on the other platform, what might be a realistic goal for the amount of sales per month that I could feasibly aim for?

All constructive feedback and advice is welcome and very much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance,
    Kind regards
    Jo
    Last edited by Gfg; Today at 10:19 AM.

Forum Newbie
    View Stnenopmoc's Feedback (+33)
    All-About Stnenopmoc
    View Stnenopmoc's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What am I doing wrong? All constructive advice very welcome, thanks.

The lack of sales is at least related to the lack of site advertising - eBid is one of on-line sellings best kept secrets.

It is possible to make use of 'google selling' by following the eBid description / price settings guidance and that tends to bring in some casual results. If you sell unique and /or desireable items most buyers will find you from google.

If you are still using eBay, message Elench on the eBid site as that person appears to have made a sucesssfull transition from eBay. There is a fair bit about this topic on existing eBid threads.

To be truly sucessfull the eBid site needs to be, and remain, in the public eye.
    Last edited by Stnenopmoc; Today at 11:22 AM.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+32726)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: What am I doing wrong? All constructive advice very welcome, thanks.

I sell around 500 items a month, and Ebid is successful for me because I can list unlimited items at no cost until sold.
    But here is the thing, I have 50000 items listed. That means I sell 1% of my listed items in a month.
    If you can do that, then Ebid is made for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gfg View Post
    Hi, I’m Jo
    I’m relatively new to eBid, but I’m not new to online marketing. I sold successfully on the biggest eB— platform for 8 year's, 100% positive feedback that spanned those 8 years and over 1700 sales.
    I’m an individual not a business, I moved to eBid because I was having to work stupid hours in order to cover the expenses of using that “other” platform.

Just over 4 months ago I submitted several listings of different items, test items as it were, I wanted to keep it small and manageable until I became confident using a new platform , here we are over 4 months on and not 1 sale🤔, I’m pricing lower than the competitor site on most things and my listings are getting a fair amount of views. Does anyone have any feedback on why it might be that none of my listings are selling? And if anyone has any advice on how I can improve this lack of sales I would really appreciate it, likewise, where as I was making between 2 to 5 sales a day on the other platform, what might be a realistic goal for the amount of sales per month that I could feasibly aim for?

All constructive feedback and advice is welcome and very much appreciated.
    Thank you in advance,
    Kind regards
    Jo
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Thread Information