Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Settings

Cool Holiday Settings

Typical I've only just arrived and I need a holiday!....(not going for a few weeks yet actually)

I've had a scan through the FAQs but can't see this topic listed

Pardon me for asking if I've missed it anywhere but is there a store closed for holiday setting on e-bid?

Or a way of posting a single message to appear on all current auctions.

Thanks

Mark

My eBid > My Notices (Right hand menu)

Message will appear at top of all current auctions.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    My eBid > My Notices (Right hand menu)

Message will appear at top of all current auctions.
    Yes, but it's my understanding that our listings will remain active even still...AAAAAAAAAck!!

I have been inquiring on the forums, like the OP, that I feel there should be a "On Vacation" setting that we input the from/to dates, and our listings will not be "sell-able" until our return.

I'm in hopes that Gazza will implement this...we need it!

Many thanks you two

damian - that's great - that sounds like the way I've previously handled it on the other side

iwiw60 - I agree that it would be nice to have that option

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    Yes, but it's my understanding that our listings will remain active even still...AAAAAAAAAck!!

I have been inquiring on the forums, like the OP, that I feel there should be a "On Vacation" setting that we input the from/to dates, and our listings will not be "sell-able" until our return.

I'm in hopes that Gazza will implement this...we need it!
    I'm not sure that we do.

Sales here are not like on Feebay. Things tend to take a fair bit longer. So stopping someone from buying just because you are off on your jollies seems more than a little silly to me. Buyers, such as they are, can be made aware that you will not be answering questions, posting items or anything else, just by using the My Notices. At least this way you're not stopping anyone from being your customer.

I'm a new eBidder, need to get this clarified before I add any more items. When I add a new item to my store, I get a message that I must answer all inquiries within 24 hours or my postings (yes, it's plural) will be deleted. I assumed that if I set my store notices to indicate that I'm on vacation, this wouldn't happen. Am I wrong? If I go on vacation, could I come back to find all the listings in my store deleted?

There's another thread now discussing the 24-hour response question. In the middle of that, I realized that there is a "Vacation Setting" available on eBid.

I tried it. Took my store offline, and it disappeared. Just to make sure, I logged off, logged back on, it was still gone. Turned it online again and everything was back. Since I will not be able to ship anything if I'm out of town, taking the store down looks like the best bet.

Oh my gosh ! ... I've just closed all my auctions - where's the "vacation" setting please? I can't seem to find it

Quote Originally Posted by GilfidianRudge View Post
    Many thanks you two

damian - that's great - that sounds like the way I've previously handled it on the other side

iwiw60 - I agree that it would be nice to have that option
    I think on the other side you can lock your shop listing but not BIN and Auction ones that are still running.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    ...I tried it. Took my store offline, and it disappeared. Just to make sure, I logged off, logged back on, it was still gone. Turned it online again and everything was back.
    But what happens if you have currently running auction type listings that end while you are away and already have bids on them?

Given the number of queries on this subject of late I feel we need guidance from the PTB rather than everyone trying to second guess the system.

Thread Information