Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: How can I remove an item with bids.

Forum Newbie
    All-About coops101
    View coops101's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default How can I remove an item with bids.

I have a set of alloys on here at the moment, problem is it has a bid on it and I need to remove it from auction. It has about 5 days left on it so its not a last minute thing.
    Any help greatly received.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coops101 View Post
    I have a set of alloys on here at the moment, problem is it has a bid on it and I need to remove it from auction. It has about 5 days left on it so its not a last minute thing.
    You have a bidder so you shouldn't be removing it. If something has happened to the item i recommend you explain the position to the bidder when the auction completes and accept that they may be disappointed ( and this may reflect in the feedback). If there is another reason, email ebid support to see if they can help.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

It can be done but the best advice is not to offer the same item for sale on more than one auction site at the same time.

sorry but you won't want to hear this

as the others have said it can be done.... however by placing and item on ANY auction site and then getting a bid on it YOU have entered into a legal binding contract (it was in the T&C's you signed when joining) to sell said item to your buyer, that person could, if they wanted to, take you court for not fulfilling your side of the contract.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

OP I notice you got advice on setting a reserve on your auction yesterday morning

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...61&postcount=2 but because you still didn't set a reserve, someone has bid at 0.99p.

The bidder is a forum user so i recommend you send them a PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About coops101
    View coops101's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've managed to get the item removed. I have sent the bidder an email on one of his items through his shop as I couldnt find a way of contacting him through my auction. I think I'm going to start with a few smaller items first, I just couldnt go through risking it yet. Thats why I was trying to pull it early to save any regrets at the end.

I've managed to get the item removed. I have sent the bidder an email on one of his items through his shop as I couldnt find a way of contacting him through my auction. I think I'm going to start with a few smaller items first, I just couldnt go through risking it yet. Thats why I was trying to pull it early to save any regrets at the end.
    It's not the value of the items that is the issue.

If you want price z for an item, start the auction at price z.

I did advise you a few days ago to put a reserve on an item, you deceided to ignore this.

If I was a bidder on a no reserve auction and I had my bid removed then I would not be too happy

I wish you all the luck in the future, and please take the advice given by myself and other forum members

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    It's not the value of the items that is the issue. If you want price z for an item, start the auction at price z.
    I thought the issue was that the items were being sold on two sites and had two lots of bidders.

Thread Information