eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Say NO to PayPal...

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madmicus View Post
    u lot are all nuts,ebid does not get the sellers.listed 3 items last week,did not get one bid,RELISTED ON E.AY,AND SOLD THE LOT IN THE 3 DAYS THEY WERE LISTED.GET THE SELLERS TO EBID,AND I WILL GLADLY GIVE E.AY THE PUSH.....(THERE ARE NO BUYERS HERE)
    your right madmicus we dont get enough sellers here thats why people who list lots of items here do get sales,you only have to look at there FB. or did you mean buyers madmicus, if you look at sellers with lots of FB on here,one of the reasons they sell alot is they have loads of items, they let them run with auto re post [11+days] gives search engines time to pick them up, sellers here need to persever,as lots do, when the latest changes kick in on the other side loads of diverse/small sellers will not be listing there ,ebid have just anounced a range of advertising platforms to take the site forward, without wasting billions of pounds! start last week and progressing over the next couple of months, i surgest madmicus you keep selling over there if you need the readys, but your comments hardly help the site and show a poor understanding of forward buisness thinking, Sid
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

http://www.screw-paypal.com/videos/video_boston.html

I found this amusing (the first minute or so).This guy is off his head, but funny.
    DON'T watch if easily offended by bad language!!

No, i don't like paypal taking chunks of cash, but yep, i still use it.
    Watcha gonna do?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sell & buy with google checkout, paypoo, money orders, and checks.
    I prefer google because it is cheaper to use than paypoo, and it offers more protection for the buyer or seller than money orders and personal checks.
    I accept checks and money orders, but I don't like the way they slow down business transactions. I do not ship until they clear. Paypoo seems to be the payment option of choice for buyers; and I'm not going to argue with buyers about how they want to pay (if I offer ).

View Golde's Feedback (+16)
    All-About Golde
    View Golde's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    So, by inference, those who do not permit you to come to their private residence are dishonest? You make too many assumptions. I, for one, do not allow people to come to my home; mainly because I am a full time Carer for a sick family member and cannot accommodate people just turning up when it suits them. I also don't want a whole bunch of strangers trooping round to my door making judgements on how or where I live. I like my privacy. I like to control who I allow into my life and who I keep at arms length. If people think that I am dishonest because of that, then it says far more about their attitude than it does mine. In conclusion, I suggest that if you are happy to have people round, that's all-well-and-good, but don't make judgements on those who don't when you have no idea about their circumstances.
    No, I am not saying that exactly, and I see your point which is certainly a good one in your case, but in fact you are actually agreeing with me, that for whatever reason you just do not want to allow people to collect.
    And I am saying that I simply have never/will never buy from anyone who sells on these terms.
    In fact I have always offered collection and have only had it taken up by maybe 15 people out of hundreds, but I think a lot is down to what you sell, size, value, type of people in your market group. I have always found those few collectors to be really nice people. I dont invite them in, doorstep handover.

Since my last post I have financial taken advice and have signed up for Google checkout : ) That will be my only online payment system. I will never use Paypal again. I am wary of 'chargebacks' but it never happened to me with paypal so hopefully it wont happen with Google.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Google has stronger charge back protection for sellers I believe. Check "seller's protection" on their site.

Thread Information