eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Pre Filled info for Books please

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Personally I dislike the pre-filled info. In many cases different printings of the book/game/whatever will have different cover text and/or images. Versions published in the UK and US are almost always different. So the information that has been entered is not always going to be correct. In addition you get stuck with all the spelling mistakes or whoever filled it in. Rather than try to battle against all the possible problems I prefer to use my own details.
    Me, too, Damian...I've never used the pre-filled. Each of my book listings are hand-done descriptions so my buyers can get a better feel for the book they are looking at. But I do hope that the pre-filled system gets a 'fix' soon for those of you who do use it...sounds like it can make you tear your hair out at times!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I tried using the pre-fill, but gave up on it as the categories and genres do not match those in the selling area. Also it did not look very good; as Damian says if someone fills in the info wrongly or uses a poor quality photo it makes the listing unusable
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

It would be nice if it was both possible to edit the stock info and then also edit what is used in the auction - only using the pre-fill as a template to be added to or changed for that auction only. (Maybe it is already possible to do this, I wouldn't know since I haven't used the pre-fill for quite some time).

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    It would be nice if it was both possible to edit the stock info and then also edit what is used in the auction - only using the pre-fill as a template to be added to or changed for that auction only. (Maybe it is already possible to do this, I wouldn't know since I haven't used the pre-fill for quite some time).
    You can change the pre-fill (stock info) any time you use it. You can change the description or any part of the pre-fill including date of printing, edition, publisher, etc.
    It does help to have a starting place for new books I think. Same for common books. I have always added my own info. for each particular book as well in the description box, leaving just the general information in the pre-fill.
    Like most of you, I have most of my books listed with my own descriptions. I am really just looking for help in making the new books listings easier.

Forum Lurker
    View zapit65's Feedback (+57)
    All-About zapit65
    View zapit65's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was having a similar problem when trying to list some dvds recently using the pre-filled info. Kept getting the camera icon. Was using photobucket urls. Wrote to support and they said to upload to gallery here first then add to listing. This worked but of course added to my time involved. So I let it go a few days and tried listing some more last night. It all seemed to work OK, pictures in thumbnail and all. But then tried one last listing and didin't work, got the camera icon again. So it appears to be an intermittent problem. I'm sure the guys are working on it.

One of my main dissappointments when I first came over here was not having as good of a pre-filled info database. So all of my books I just listed the standard way. And I use all my own photos, no stock stuff. It definetly can save some time though especially when it comes to not having to write the synopsis. Here's a tip for doing that: I just go over to feebay and find someone else selling the same item and copy and paste pre-filled info description into the pre-filled info synopsis section here. Works.

You can change the pre-fill (stock info) any time you use it. You can change the description or any part of the pre-fill including date of printing, edition, publisher, etc.

I've never been able to change the descriptions, etc - VERY frustrating when I've just filled it in and found I've made a stupid mistake!
    If I could alter it, I'd change some of the idiotic descriptions I mentioned above, instead of whinging about it!!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post

I've never been able to change the descriptions, etc - VERY frustrating when I've just filled it in and found I've made a stupid mistake!
    If I could alter it, I'd change some of the idiotic descriptions I mentioned above, instead of whinging about it!!!
    There is a link at the bottom of the pre-filled that says edit/change pre-filled information. It's available after you save it.

O thanks! - I wondered if I had been missing something! LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information