Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Shipping to The Americas & Oceania!

Smile Shipping to The Americas & Oceania!

Hello!

Can anyone tell me how it is possible for me to include USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand in my new auction #14517419

The base cost to send to these countries via An Post is €16.60, but on the selling form there didn't seem to be an extra line for "all other countries"

Any advice please! Thank you.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

My understanding is that there is a limited number of countries from which people may join eBid, so only those countries are on the checklist.

However, I think that if you and your buyer choose to have the item shipped to a nonlisted country, that is a choice you may make. I don't know the exact repercussions in PooPal or Google or other online payment organizations if your package would become lost. That is a risk you and your buyer have to evaluate.

So if you know somebody in a nonlisted country, discuss having them get a friend in a listed country to buy the item and have it shipped to them.

I am not trying to break any rules; this seems to be the logical procedure. I hope somebody with a more precise understanding will come along and add to this.

Hello & Thank You for writing back!

That particular listing is currently open to UK and European countries. I didn't check the Americas or Oceania

Last year, An Post revised their postage fees for the different zones where by when an item when weighed with packaging doesn't exceed 1kg, then the postage to UK, Europe & USA remains the same; but as soon as the package exceeds that weight; UK & Europe (Zone 2 & Zone 3 respectively) remains the same but USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand (Zone 4) is slightly higher to post to..

Hopefully in time, eBid will give us the opportunity to be able to offer our goods for auction to these countries (Zone 4!)

You can offer more than one type of shipping,

From memory it's 4 types for domestic & 5 for international,
    just click on the plus sign to get another set to fill in.

For instance on my books I offer a choice of 1st or 2nd Class for the UK.

For other countries
    Surfacemail is the same price for all,
    so I set one lot with that price, ticking all the countries I will send to.
    Airmail for Europe is cheaper than Airmail for the Rest of the World,
    so the next set is Airmail with European Countries ticked,
    the last is Airmail with the non European Countries ticked.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 17th February 2009 at 05:19 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I am confused: As a US seller I specify I sell to everyone world wide (ebid member countries that is). I assumed everyone has this option too. I regularily buy and sell to the UK. But this seller from Ireland is forbidden to sell to the US (zone 4)? My other UK buyers can almost see his house from their rooftops, yet they can sell to zone 4 but he can't???

Or is this a question of high postage making selling to distant countries (zone 4) prohibitive? Most shoppers realize this and only bid/buy lighter items and this is unlikely to change as postage rates keep going up (US is having another postal increase soon).

Please clarify who (or whom) can sell to whom (or who) for the truely confused.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I am confused: As a US seller I specify I sell to everyone world wide (ebid member countries that is). I assumed everyone has this option too. I regularily buy and sell to the UK. But this seller from Ireland is forbidden to sell to the US (zone 4)? My other UK buyers can almost see his house from their rooftops, yet they can sell to zone 4 but he can't???

Or is this a question of high postage making selling to distant countries (zone 4) prohibitive? Most shoppers realize this and only bid/buy lighter items and this is unlikely to change as postage rates keep going up (US is having another postal increase soon).

Please clarify who (or whom) can sell to whom (or who) for the truely confused.
    Everybody on ebid can sell to everybody else on ebid, wherever they are. You just have to select the countries you wish to include on the shipping section of the "sell" form.

Hello there!!

The first postage I put in on the selling form was "Domestic", so that referred to Ireland (incl. Northern Ireland); the second set I came across were all the European Countries & Rest of World; but as An Post have it set that UK & Europe have the same price until the item reaches a certain weight, I'm gonna need a 4th Set! I had tried ticking, USA, Canada, NZ & Australia on the third set of countries mentioned but couldn't find the field in which to insert the postage price for there!.. so on that particular auction, I sadly can't include those countries..

Would love to know a way around that, though I have asked Ebid themselves.. maybe there is a way!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can have five domestic rates and five International, just use the plus sign to the right to get another set.

May I please a very big THANK YOU to Gothicina, I edited my listing and followed your instruction... Result: Problem solved!! Go raibh mile maith agat (Gaelic "Thank you very much!")

Thank you to you too Kimbo, thank you for your help too!! Much appreciated!!

Thread Information