My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is? NEW - "Showroom" view for all listings

Fine, I'm sorry for being insulting. I'll just use thick sarcasm like many others from now on.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowseeker View Post
    Terry or Octavia.....doesn't matter. It's still rude of you to say such a thing. Terry was pointing out something she observed and was not being insulting as you have been. There is no need for any of that. People have the right to say what they see. And trying to shut them down with insults is not nice or acceptable behavior IMHO. I'm tired of seeing it and I for one am not going to sit by and see it taking place and stay silent. Sorry.
    Thank you rainbow, I've come across too many rude posters here (in the forums).

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is a very interesting, enjoyable public online auction site. I strongly prefer Gallery view when looking at pages of offerings in auction.
    It is like a no-brainer. I have carefully looked at both Gallery and Showroom.. Gallery is much more informative and looks like an auction site view.

I'll jump in with opinion if it is safe to come out from under the sofa: Larger pictures are great. Switching back and forth is easy enough. Not a big change, this proposed option seems ok to me.

Having worked with several other auction sites, my own website, etc, having large and small "thumbnails" is a very familiar format. Buyers will immediately recognize it. In fact, the setup look identical to my Fuji camera's editing program.

And since pictures are marked BID or BUY it is clear which are auction or BIN items. Good that one view has more detail, the other has bigger photos but less info.

Some people see it as the showroom view looks like a mall and the gallery view provides the necessary information to run auctions. As long as the default is set on showroom I won't be running auctions and I have taken all my auctions down. It's just that simple. I signed on to run auctions on what I believed was an auction site.....that means seeing the bids. Big pictures that only part of the existing population even use are not important to me. What my potential bidders see when they come here is important though.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ctavias0fferings View Post
    I can't replicate the problem on my own machine, the machine I was using was running Firefox, although I do know of other people who have complained of exactly the same problem of being directed to the sign-in page. In fact, it has been discussed in the Pheebay.com forums and appears to have been ongoing for some time.

The reports are that it doesn't matter which browser you are using, this same problem happens. On my own machine I am permanently signed in to eBid, obviously that's not the case on the machine I have been using while my own was down.

Try any link to an eBid item from one of my Squidoo pages, you may have to sign out of eBid and reboot your machine to clear the cache or it won't replicate the problem. I suggest you pick up my Raindrops on Roses Squidoo lens and try some of the links from there ... http://www.squidoo.com/raindrops_on_roses

I can absolutely guarantee that I am not the only person having this problem and as long as it persists there is no point whatsoever in my placing links to promote specific items anywhere around the web as it REALLY looks amateurish to have it redirect folks to the sign-in / sign-up page
    Octavia I've tried all the links from your lense, with both google chrome & safari, (I'm permanently signed in with IE6 & Firefox,) & I get the item every time.

Have those having problems been using current links?
    Old links, as in those for items that have since been manually reposted (& therefore changed their auction number) cannot lead to the item.

If you're talking about Grahams links to your items he's got an ampersand missing after the auction number in the links, on his Seller's info page
    He's using
    & it should be
    That's why his links lead to the frontpage not your items
    Last edited by Gothicina; 8th April 2009 at 04:44 AM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Octavia I've tried all the links from your lense, with both google chrome & safari, (I'm permanently signed in with IE6 & Firefox,) & I get the item every time.
    Just for confirmation, I've just tried a link in IE where I'm never signed in, and it worked perfectly.

All I can say is that when I click any of the links from my own computer it takes me to the item page but this computer automatically signs me in.

When I clicked any of the links from Iain's computer (different location, computer does not 'know' me in the same way) it took me to the sign in/up page.

I know for certain I am not the only person who has experienced this so whatever anyone does to replicate makes no difference, I absolutely know it's happening to people.

http://www.pheebay.com/forums/viewto...816&start=1131 is where it was being discussed on Pheebay, none of us were able to replicate the problem then, strange that I go to a computer elsewhere and what happened to Sunray happened to me ... weeks apart.

I had a customer (a newbie) send me an email saying that she had this problem - she found one of my listings via google but then was taken to a sign up page - when she tried to sign up she was re-directed to ebid UK as she was in UK and therefore was told she could not sign up to France ebid. By now she had been taken way away from her plan of looking at my listing and said she only persevered because she is bl**** minded! Of course I was very grateful for that as she made a purchase but do wonder how many others would have been put off! I reported her comments to support and was told that there would be an investigation but have heard no more yet.
    I too can make the sign-up page appear first by using another computer as if I was a new visitor.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you're confident there is a technical problem, have you reported it to ebid? Sorry if I've missed this already being discussed, I have to use "mark read" a lot to stand any chance of keeping up! They'll want as much technical information and example links as you can provide.

Thread Information