My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retalitary negative feedback?

Thankyou bluefin. Still not received goods or heard from seller so glad now i left the neg. x

Strike outs mean the person was suspended.

Concerning issuing negatives, I still say contact the other person (anyway you have to) and figure out what happened. Give them a chance to fix problem,and then issue the appropriate feedback (which 9 times out of 10 will NOT be negative feedback).

Do the right thing, communicate!

It's good to know that retalitory negative feedback can be removed here. If they don't send the item you paid for, and don't answer emails, then they deserve negative. Everyone has their own "policy" when leaving feedback, and if someone's policy (or opinion) is different than your's, that doesn't make it wrong (which no one has said on this thread). My policy is that the buyer leaves feedback upon receipt of the items to show that they are happy with the transaction. If the buyer leaves no feedback, then they receive no feedback (whether I am the seller or buyer).

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

I generally leave feedback as soon as an item is paid for.....but it's probably because of the "comfort factor", knowing that I can change it if need be.

I've only had to change feedback once.....when a cheque bounced

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    If I bought something, and the seller didn't leave feedback . . . I would never buy from them again and I would not leave positive feedback even if the transaction was satisfactory. No excuse, the buyer trusts the seller enough to pay in advance, they deserve good feedback. This is especially true here on eBid, where feedback can be changed.
    Well, that's your decision, but you're going to end up with a lot of good sellers on your blacklist. Some have even made themselves known on this thread
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Just an update.......have still not received goods, still not received a response from seller and they have not responded to paypal claim either!! So i think i did the right thing! As others have said communication is the key, i have done plenty of that to no avail so i think the point has come to just try and get my money back! Shame cos it was lovely little thomas outfit for my lil boy.

Today i received email from paypal saying the had decided claim in my favour as seller did not respond! They issued me a refund BUT its not for full amount! Apparently they couldnt recover full amount! Im furious as i thought you automatically got all your money back if claim went in your favour! Lesson well learnt here!

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy1980 View Post
    Today i received email from paypal saying the had decided claim in my favour as seller did not respond! They issued me a refund BUT its not for full amount! Apparently they couldnt recover full amount! Im furious as i thought you automatically got all your money back if claim went in your favour! Lesson well learnt here!
    Did you pay with CC?

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    If I bought something, and the seller didn't leave feedback . . . I would never buy from them again and I would not leave positive feedback even if the transaction was satisfactory. No excuse, the buyer trusts the seller enough to pay in advance, they deserve good feedback. This is especially true here on eBid, where feedback can be changed.
    I'm the same. if the seller can't be bothered to leave feedback I can't be bothered to buy from the again. Luckily it's never happened to me on ebid,

Normally I don't leave feedback until the transaction is complete and that, to me, means that the buyer has the items in their hands and is happy with them.

Occasionally I will leave feedback when the item is shipped, either because it's a repeat buyer or a buyer of multiple items, in the latter case I will leave feedback for one or more of the items purchased.

As I say, I don't consider a transaction is complete until I know the buyer is happy.

Thread Information