Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Payment received

View theElench's Feedback (+94)
    All-About theElench
    View theElench's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Payment received

Re. google shopping.

Just a thought after looking at a couple of your comics. They both had "None" in the bar code box, in the 90's ? and did you put "exempt" in the bar code box on the listing form if that's correct?

Are your payment notifications going to Spam box? Mine do sometimes but I still get the Payment Received email from Paypal.
    Last edited by theElench; 1st June 2024 at 07:50 AM.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi I do not know if this is also part of the problem, I have just had a multiple sale and a request for an invoice was sent to me on the Tuesday evening, I was listing until late on that evening but did not receive the request through, I did not know anything about it until Wednesday evening when I received a 2nd request for invoice for the same sale, I have sent a 2nd invoice this morning and I have contacted the buyer this morning by email and apologised to them because I have still not received payment which is unlike this buyer so I do not know if they received the 1st invoice. I also did not receive an email through from ebid telling me I had made a sale which I normally do.

I do not know if this is a problem here or on the part of Hotmail/Outlook because it is not the first time it has happened with email being received from ebid and others for that matter. I have found that they either arrive late or not at all, I do live in rural area and signals are poor, I had an electrician checking my electrics a few weeks ago and he had to leave his mobile device near the front door to get a signal to do the checks, if PayPal need to send me a security code I have to wait or keep requesting until one comes through. So much for technology!!!, for those of you old enough to remember the Norman Collier sketches where the microphone keeps breaking up that is what it is like if a business calls me on my landline from a wifi connection, I feel like I am in a scene from an action movie with me saying "your breaking up"

I have a friend who's son lives in a rural location but a mast is about a mile away with dishes on but they have great difficulty getting a mobile signal, she said her daughter in law hand to stand on a chair in the corner of the room to try and get a signal one day as they have no landline, I phoned her when she was visiting but got cut of 3 times, gave up in the end, and they call it progress getting rid of the copper cable system!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3758)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yellerbelly View Post
    Hi I do not know if this is also part of the problem, I have just had a multiple sale and a request for an invoice was sent to me on the Tuesday evening, I was listing until late on that evening but did not receive the request through, I did not know anything about it until Wednesday evening when I received a 2nd request for invoice for the same sale, I have sent a 2nd invoice this morning and I have contacted the buyer this morning by email and apologised to them because I have still not received payment which is unlike this buyer so I do not know if they received the 1st invoice. I also did not receive an email through from ebid telling me I had made a sale which I normally do.

I do not know if this is a problem here or on the part of Hotmail/Outlook because it is not the first time it has happened with email being received from ebid and others for that matter. I have found that they either arrive late or not at all, I do live in rural area and signals are poor, I had an electrician checking my electrics a few weeks ago and he had to leave his mobile device near the front door to get a signal to do the checks, if PayPal need to send me a security code I have to wait or keep requesting until one comes through. So much for technology!!!, for those of you old enough to remember the Norman Collier sketches where the microphone keeps breaking up that is what it is like if a business calls me on my landline from a wifi connection, I feel like I am in a scene from an action movie with me saying "your breaking up"

I have a friend who's son lives in a rural location but a mast is about a mile away with dishes on but they have great difficulty getting a mobile signal, she said her daughter in law hand to stand on a chair in the corner of the room to try and get a signal one day as they have no landline, I phoned her when she was visiting but got cut of 3 times, gave up in the end, and they call it progress getting rid of the copper cable system!!!!
    Sorry to hear that.
    I am fine where I am, I receive emails notifying of sales and payments on time, including requests for Invoices whenever they happen.
    Hope this helps
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

All-About theElench
    Forum Posts

@yellerbelly

Like you I don't know if this is a problem with my email service (yahoo) or with Ebid.

Most of the time everything is fine, I get "Sold" notifications from ebid and notifications from paypal of a "Payment Received". I've sent invoices which have then been paid.

But at irregular intervals something goes wrong and I don't get the ebid notifications of a sale, the only way I know I've sold something is because I see the paypal email telling me I've received the payment, which has always got through. I then find the ebid notifications have been diverted to my Spam folder. I tick a box to say the notifications are "Not Spam" and everything works fine again -- until the next time.

I'd also like some advice from ebid to make it clear whether this is because of something ebid is doing or if yahoo is causing the problem. It seems that it's more than an isolated problem now that others are adding their experiences to the thread.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

View banrigh's Feedback (+2962)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

This seems to happen to me often. At least weekly, if not more. I use Comcast/Xfinity and I have eBid on the list as not spam, but it still happens. When it happens, I always check my spam folder and there will be nothing there. I always get kicked out of eBid and have to resupply my email to get back in. When I do that I will get multiple emails from eBid stating that my email and password have changed. Always at least 2, sometimes more. Sometimes I get kicked out and I have no idea why. I have sold nothing and no one has asked a question. No real reason for me to have received an email. So, I don't think its a rural area problem, I am not rural or is it from one area, country or email service. I was told by eBid to change my email, but I don't think that will solve the issue.

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

@Elench

Hi I do not know if it is a problem with ebid either, I have now received payment but no notification from ebid I have made a sale or payment made, I received the notification from PayPal only when I normally receive notification of sale and payment from ebid also. I received an offer a couple of years ago but never received it into my inbox. The buyer this time had to request an invoice twice on this occasion, luckily everything was resolved but I know sometimes this can be the fault of hotmail.

It would be helpful to know how many others are experiencing these sort of problems so that support can investigate further.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2962)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only thing I can think of, since it involves multiple email providers, is the providers are using AI to battle spam. I have tried to correct the issue on my own and it doesn't seem to work.

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

I have just completed the ASL on my recent sale ticked all the select buttons and at the bottom of page mark as shipped but only one is showing as shipped, the invoice has come up as paid in full but on my screen it is showing only one as shipped, not sure if I should go back and select all again and mark as shipped or just leave well alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

All-About yellerbelly
    Forum Posts

Well went back and ticked the select box again and then clicked on mark all as shipped and yippee it worked this time and even had an individual message to my email box for each item which I did not get when items were sold,

@Banrigh if this is to do with AI then it is not very intelligent, if this how AI works we could be headed for problems and I don't just mean here on ebid. Heaven help us. Machines will be taking over the world!!!!

All-About theElench
    Forum Posts

I've had similar problems when I've combined purchases / postage on a invoice. I don't do them very often so my memory may be faulty, but I think I remember the ASL having extra boxes to "Mark all as shipped" etc. If you don't tick that option it only marks the sale that you created the invoice on.
    I can't think what it might be but presumably there are times when a seller might not want all the items shown as shipped?

But that to me is not as important as getting to the bottom of why sales notifications are not being sent or going to Spam folders and why the OP's Dashboard is not showing the lit "Paid" button when PP has notified them that the payment has been received.

The integrated check-out is a pretty fundamental requirement for many buyers and sellers. Is there some (in my case) intermittent glitch with it, or is it being caused by Yahoo changing something to do with its anti-spam measures?

An explanation and some re-assurance from The Management would be helpful. After all, in my case, whatever is causing this has been going on at infrequent intervals, but over a few years and it's only because of the PP notification email arriving in my in-box that I know I've got a sale at all.

Thread Information